Sunday, April 15, 2012

Being Your Mommy

Dearest Morgen --


I am so lucky to be your mommy.


I love watching you explore your world.  You are starting to experience things on your own and it is wonderful.  And still, when you need comfort, you come back to me.


Right now you are sitting on the floor playing with the Baby Bjorn.  Yesterday you managed to remove the "do not remove" tag.  Today I think you are trying to figure out what each strap and button is used for.  There are holes on two of the straps.  You know they have a purpose, but what could that purpose be?  If any baby can figure it out, I know it will be you.


You just paused to smile at me and make a few baby sounds.


I love you so much.


Yesterday your daddy and I took you swimming for the first time.  You sat in your floater and kicked your legs almost the entire time.  We "swam" around the pool with you kicking and splashing all around. Afterwards you fell asleep in my arms poolside.  What a perfect way to spend your 11th month-iversary!


You are growing up so quickly.  I can hardly believe we will be celebrating your birthday a month from now.  Family and friends will be gathered to celebrate you.  It's not going to be an easy time for your daddy or me as we will be missing your sister.  I hope you know, that despite our sadness over the loss of Sonne, we love you and love watching you grow and change.


We absolutely love the person you are becoming.  So inquisitive.  So cuddly.  So unique and wonderful and special.


And, while your birthday will be a special day, know that we celebrate you everyday.  Just being with you is a celebration -- of life, of wonder, of love.


We love you.


xoxo...Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment